SISU Ski Fest – Ironwood, MI – January 7, 2017
Start at ABR Trails and “Finnish” in downtown Ironwood.
Ski among Northwoods pines, up, down and around rocky outcroppings, along the Montreal River, through the Miners Memorial Heritage Park, and by the World’s Tallest Native American Statue.
Commemorative SISU souvenirs and locally crafted age group awards. Traditional “Yooper” fare and local entertainment.
A big event with small town ambiance.
What’s NEW for 2017
- New 31K/15K Race Courses! – We’ve eliminated double loops, criss-crossing and some of the flatter sections. The result is an exciting 31K and a “burner” 15K course that could also serve as a double pole challenge to the most adventurous among us! 15K also makes a good entry level race distance.
- New 5K Fun Ski – We’ve replaced the Taste n Tour and Jr SISU using that course and created an untimed, all-inclusive event, complete with participant gift and food at the Memorial Building afterwards along with the racers.
- Awards ceremony and entertainment at the Memorial Building immediately after the race
- SISU Combined & Snowshoe Race simplified – There will be one snowshoe race distance (5K) and we’ve reduced the price for the SISU Combined. The untimed 2K snowshoe tour remains an option for the non-competitive among us.
- New Fat Bike Demo event – Try the newest snow sport out there for free!
SISU Ski Fest On Facebook
Below are the latest postings from the SISU Ski Fest Page On Facebook.